What is Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES)?
It is also thought that cranial electrotherapy stimulation changes the way the mind perceives pain. Strong evidence of this is documented in our many clinical studies and patient reports that they gained moderate to complete relief from their pain symptoms by using Alpha-Stim® CES alone.
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation FAQs:
1. Is it safe?- Yes. Electricity is perfectly safe at the level that Alpha-Stim® delivers. Remember, we all have electrical currents flowing throughout our brain and body at all times. Alpha-Stim® uses tiny currents close to the amount that flows naturally in our systems.
2. Is it like shock therapy or something?- No, not at all. Shock therapy uses a current that is 1000 times greater than the Alpha-Stim®. We use current close to your body's own naturally occurring electrical current. To many patients the feeling is subsensational. Alpha-Stim® is an extremely safe treatment, that unlike shock therapy, has no major adverse effects ever reported.
3. Will I feel better after the first use?- Maybe. Many patients that use the Alpha-Stim® report benefit after the first use. Keep in mind that it may take one to 3 weeks however for some people to feel benefit. It will depend on how your body reacts to the input.
4. What are the long term effects?- The amount of electricity used does not cause any known cell damage at all. In fact, the evidence points to quite the opposite. Many studies have shown that low-level electrical stimulation actually promotes cell growth and regeneration. A recent NIH study showed that low-level electrical stimulation of neurons increased the production of the all important myelin cells in the brain.1 This could be an important discovery since myelin is shown to be decreased in patients with certain disorders and diseases, including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and multiple sclerosis.
Remember- the body likes and needs electrons (electricity) and electrically charged particles to operate. Low levels of electricity are safe!
1. Astrocytes Promote Myelination in Response to Electrical Impulses. Neuron, Volume 49, Issue 6, Pages 823-832 T. Ishibashi, K. Dakin, B. Stevens, P. Lee, S. Kozlov, C. Stewart, R. Fields
United States readers note: Material on this site is being provided only for educational information and as background material for potential researchers, not for promotional purposes.
Anxiety Treatment Now.Com and Moeller Medical, LLC express no opinion with regard to representations made herein. Anxiety Treatment Now.Com and Moeller Medical, LLC support only those representations contained within the labeling of the Alpha-Stim® products. Moeller Medical Sites: Depression Treatment Anxiety Treatment Chronic Pain Relief
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation